Monday, September 12, 2011

A star for my mom

I had to play along with a couple challenges this weekend..
Alice In Wonderland is my all time favorite ever... see tattoo posts on my other blog ;)

I have an old Alice in Wonderland book I picked up at the local bookstore.. so I can use the pages in my crafting..

I made some paper flowers with a couple of the pages.. added my mama (this pic was her last birthday) to one along with some mesh to make it pop
I added some lace and flowers to the other..
this was a little "stacking star box" that I've had sitting on my shelf for a couple years.. I have two more I am ready to alter now :)

text as nonsense challenge

I used a couple Graphic 45 papers to enter their challenge also. It all just seemed to go together for me..
I used the domestic goddess and a proper gentleman papers.. I absolutely adore my Graphic 45 papers. It is so hard for me to cut them up.. I have a stash..
But I took a deep breath and cut into em.. and now, I can't wait to dig in for more!!

I covered the top, inside, and bottom of the star and then added to the big flower with the Graphic 45 papers..
they are having a vote on Facebook.. so make sure you vote for me!
I'll add a link when it's up..

fall/Halloween rejuvenation challenge





2 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! Neat that you used an Alice book for your book print pages! The star box makes a neat shadowbox frame for your mom!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sugar, this is beautiful! Love that you used "Alice" text as your flower and the star frames your Mom beautifully! Thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. xxD